c&c generals - zero hour - help plz

hi, i have reasontly just bort a new pc, and fancyed putting some old
times classics on it like zero hour, however i have installed the game
fine and can play and get online fine however i can;t connect to people
very well, some times i get the odd connection here and there, but
general it goes, connecing players > awaiting probe responce >
connection failed :( the only othwer think i noticed as well the
start page where the menu is nothinking is moving or no sound (normaly u
have that lil battle between usa and gla in the back ground)

i am running the visa 64 bit on my new pc , and all my other c&c games
run perfectly on the max setting (ra3 / tibern wars e.t.c) i have a bt
home hub with the fire wall turned off, and i just use the windows
firewall & a anti virus and fire wall called eset smart. but i never had
a problem with any other games with it and its all allowed through. i
have tryed installing it and re installing and checked my settign to
make sure there not blocking it.

plz help :(

--
m3thod

  • Re: Oh, for the daze of Win98?
    ... Cirrus Logic CL-GD5428 graphics chip can do 1280x1024 ... ... I played around with it some more, tried installing some more DOS ... games and programs, but lost interest. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: installing games so other users can access and save their game
    ... - The Symptom Did or Did Not exist prior to installing SP 2? ... - Accounts with Administrator privileges do get the error? ... I have a post on the Windows XP> security and administration board and knowbody knows why there either but> they do offer possible solutions but of course none of them work like yours> Jimmy S.> This wasn't an issue before installing SP2 on my system and now it's keeping> me from playing Microsoft's own games. ... Some games cannot be accessed>>>>> at all by other user accounts. ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: Asking help for those that dont agree with Product Activation
    ... I doubt it applies much to games - perhaps if you sell fun ... The scheme doesn't therefore prevent casual piracy and so it is ... I was referring to the other publishers. ... >1) I won't prevent the user from installing it onto other machines they own. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic)
  • Re: Games accessing restricted space
    ... update that is slated to be included in Service Pack 3, ... MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms ... Tomega Wrote: ... | prior to installing spellforce. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: installing games so other users can access and save their game
    ... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games ... I hope the registry permissions are at fault, but PLEASE be careful in there! ... > - The Symptom Did or Did Not exist prior to installing SP 2? ... > ALL THE ACCOUNTS GET THE ERROR AGAIN THIS ERROR DOESN'T HAPPEN WITH ALL ...
    (microsoft.public.games)