c&c generals - zero hour - help plz

hi, i have reasontly just bort a new pc, and fancyed putting some old
times classics on it like zero hour, however i have installed the game
fine and can play and get online fine however i can;t connect to people
very well, some times i get the odd connection here and there, but
general it goes, connecing players > awaiting probe responce >
connection failed :( the only othwer think i noticed as well the
start page where the menu is nothinking is moving or no sound (normaly u
have that lil battle between usa and gla in the back ground)

i am running the visa 64 bit on my new pc , and all my other c&c games
run perfectly on the max setting (ra3 / tibern wars e.t.c) i have a bt
home hub with the fire wall turned off, and i just use the windows
firewall & a anti virus and fire wall called eset smart. but i never had
a problem with any other games with it and its all allowed through. i
have tryed installing it and re installing and checked my settign to
make sure there not blocking it.

plz help :(

--
m3thod

  • Re: Oh, for the daze of Win98?
    ... Cirrus Logic CL-GD5428 graphics chip can do 1280x1024 ... ... I played around with it some more, tried installing some more DOS ... games and programs, but lost interest. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: installing games so other users can access and save their game
    ... - The Symptom Did or Did Not exist prior to installing SP 2? ... - Accounts with Administrator privileges do get the error? ... I have a post on the Windows XP> security and administration board and knowbody knows why there either but> they do offer possible solutions but of course none of them work like yours> Jimmy S.> This wasn't an issue before installing SP2 on my system and now it's keeping> me from playing Microsoft's own games. ... Some games cannot be accessed>>>>> at all by other user accounts. ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: Asking help for those that dont agree with Product Activation
    ... I doubt it applies much to games - perhaps if you sell fun ... The scheme doesn't therefore prevent casual piracy and so it is ... I was referring to the other publishers. ... >1) I won't prevent the user from installing it onto other machines they own. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic)
  • Re: Games accessing restricted space
    ... update that is slated to be included in Service Pack 3, ... MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms ... Tomega Wrote: ... | prior to installing spellforce. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Permanently Uninstall Games
    ... I doubt they would be installing the games unless they were intending to play them. ... Since they were designed with the intention of using the Administrator/Limited/Guest User privileges system to control access to them, the probability that the game applications would check places like the registry for clearance to run is low. ... You MIGHT need to BRIEFLY promote the shared account to administrator level running a just installed application the first time so that it can establish some folders for data files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)