Re: Civilization 4: "Sid meier's civilization 4 has stopped working"

jcoltr451 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

where did you find the downloads for the drivers? if that's a dumb
question, I'm switching from Mac so bear with me, haha sorry.

You get drivers from your hardware manufacturer. For instance if you have a
Dell you can go to Dell.com. HP? HP.com, etc.

If you have a custom built system you have to figure out what kind of video
card you have and go get drivers from the video card maker.

Usually nVidia.com or ATi.com

Sound cards are either seperate cards (usually sound blasters
(creative.com)) or on the mobo, in which case you have to identify your
motherboard and get driver updates from the mobo maker.

Good luck.

--
Joe

  • Re: System slow afer XP-SP2 Update on some applications
    ... Updated your video/sound card hardware drivers from the manufacturers' web ... Many problems just became more noticable with SP2, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: New xP, microphone no longer works
    ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You also have hardware on your machine that requires drivers to interface ... You have a video card that allows you to see on ... a sound card that allows you to hear your PCs sound output and ...
  • Re: SP2 a joke!
    ... >had some problems with my sound card after update to ... >> Your hardware drivers likely need updating anyway. ... >> suggestions for third party applications to do this ... >> ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ...
  • Re: New PC - everything supported by Fedora Core 3 ?
    ... I ended up using a Mad Dog FX 5500 PCI based video card. ... With this combination the Nvidia drivers loaded and worked with very ... The biggest problem I had was with the on board ethernet controller. ... I am using only SATA type hard drives. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: New xP, microphone no longer works
    ... Until you've gotten the correct drivers for the sound card, ... Windows ME drivers won't work with XP, ...