Age of Empires 3 doesnt install in Vista - Help?

Hi all,

After many attempts to install AOE3, it only 'installs' as
IDD_CUSTOMEXPRESS. Which of course doesn't play.

What I have tried to this point and a few times; Installed Vista SP1.
Then I get the compatability issue pop-up. Then I installed the AOE
vista patch 1.12.

I dont understand why it 'installs' to use a word then doesnt play?
This game does install on other computers so it is not a product key
issue. It did install on the same computer when it had XP running.

Can anyone suggest a solution plz? I am also going to install the other
exp packs, Asian Dynasties I have yet to play. I purchased these games
retail.

I have also tried installing as administrator and the dos prompt
command that someone posted here previously to enable admin always or
similar.

Thanks in advance~ I just want to play dont care about the on-line
feature either...

--
sideways

  • Re: Potentially Worrying Gulf Envoys
    ... The different level types are great but I wish it had a stronger sense ... This was our co-op game yesterday. ... itself is a lot easier than the Rainbow Sixes I used to play on PC, ... You also need to install BG2 if you want to play the Tutu mod. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: Potentially Worrying Gulf Envoys
    ... The different level types are great but I wish it had a stronger sense ... This was our co-op game yesterday. ... itself is a lot easier than the Rainbow Sixes I used to play on PC, ... You also need to install BG2 if you want to play the Tutu mod. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: Myst IV (was: HELP quickly please with Riven)
    ... when moving around the myst world so it makes playing it very ... of this game but sadly it wont play good on my rigs - some 4 different pcs ive tried - they should make a patch. ... but i didn't start the game before updating. ... option during install i chose 'Complete' and i have just over 7 GB installed in the chosen install-directory. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure)
  • Re: Underground Most Wanted
    ... The game will install, load and play fine. ... Are you getting any error messages when you attempt to install the game? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction will have UbiSofts draconian DRM
    ... "I'd like to play that game, but I'm gonna give it a miss because of the DRM." ... The bottom line is that I can't currently play the game, the installer tells me that it has to install some libraries for the copy protection. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)