Re: wow game

"christopher faux" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:ePmIfuILJHA.5060@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

has any one had a problem with the wow patch, some like it get to 95%
and them has a problem.

Spell check:

Has anyone had a problem installing the new World of Warcraft Patch?
I've read somewhere in the Intertubez that on some systems the patch
gets to 95% and fails, or is unable to finish installing. Has anyone
else had this problem?

Answer:

Well I don't exactly know if you are having this problem, or if you are
wondering if this is a common problem.

I installed the last WoW patch without issue on my system. Anytime I
have a problem with WoW I usually run the Repair program. You can find
it at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Repair.exe

It'll take a couple hours to repair your installation, but that may fix
whatever problems you are having.

You may want to try uninstalling the game from your HD, then reinstall
from your retail discs and patching all over again. Once again, it'll
take a while, but might help. Make sure you delete old files from the
World of Warcraft folder before you reinstall.

If all else fails, there's lots of help at worldofwarcraft.com

Good luck,

--
-A.

  • 9_Recommended error codes (specifically return code 5)
    ... * "return code 2" indicates patches are already installed. ... * "return code 25" means a patches requires another patch that is not yet installed. ... With or without using the save option, the patch installation process ... Installing 114008-01... ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Which security patch NOT to install
    ... This revised patch corrects an installation issue that some customers ... has caused some customers difficulty installing the patch. ... Unless she has the previous patch for those languages installed why ... (Command Software A/V) ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: MS02-018 Breaking ASP ODBC
    ... > after installing the latest security hotfixes as of April ... >>1) IIS 5 web server can't be contacted. ... >>before the patch and that fixed that problem. ... >>load some VB components that fail to connect to my Oracle ...
  • Re: Bit of a rocky start
    ... retrieving character lists which Blizzard says should be resolved by 4:30. ... Patch required, gulp. ... Blizzard updater appears, 1% installing "locale-wnUS.MPQ' ... Okay, so, framerate seems to be slightly up, or maybe my imagination. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Windows Update / Office Update again!
    ... Perhaps this falls under the heading of "beating a dead horse", ... I finally got around to installing Microsoft's latest hot-fixes this ... patch management products like HFNetChk Pro to patch all their ... ones, and for $DEITY's sake, installation of a SECURITY PATCH ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)