news:uuQrHbB$KHA.3880@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<robertmiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uPPelw1%23KHA.5168@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<robertmiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%23lhDEbp%23KHA.1888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"David_2010" <David_2010.4baxwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:David_2010.4baxwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[snip]

The last backup attempt failed with this error message:

The backup did not complete successfully.

The requested resource is in use. (0x800700AA)

Backup time: 5/27/2010 3:53 PM
Backup location: BD-ROM Drive (E:)

It never made any attempt to format the DVD+RW I gave it, or as
far as I can tell access it at all.

Could this error message be revised so that it will say what resource
is in use, by what, and why a reboot is not sufficient to free this
resource?

Robert Miles

  • Re: Problems with Vista backup program
    ... The backup did not complete successfully. ... The requested resource is in use. ... Could this error message be revised so that it will say what resource ... Robert Miles ...
  • Re: Tape backup failures
    ... by itself after each backup while using Exabyte VXA-3 SCSI tape drive as ... failures on our scheduled backup to a point now where nearly all backup ... In the backup report, the "device ... The error message regarding the valid drive and access seems to be a red ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Simple cascading combo boxes
    ... When I select from the first 'Resource' combo box I want the second combo ... Private Sub Resource_AfterUpdate ... Case "System Engineering Services" ... still get the same error message. ...
  • RE: Corrupted SBS Backup Application
    ... When trying to run the Backup Wizard from the Backup snap-in, ... you receive following error message: ... "An error occured while trying to remove Windows Small Business Server ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Error with Remote Workspace
    ... this is a relatively new installation of SBS and this ... An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file ... Parser Error Message: Unable to read the security policy file for trust ... Will you encounter the same error message when clicking "Backup" or ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)