Re: Problems with Vista backup program

<robertmiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uPPelw1%23KHA.5168@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<robertmiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%23lhDEbp%23KHA.1888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"David_2010" <David_2010.4baxwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:David_2010.4baxwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[snip]

I'm running the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner on the same 64-bit
machine as the task that's now reached 262 hours, with no usable
checkpoints since 70 hours. When it finally finishes, I'll be able to
apply
the recent updates on that machine and reboot it.It's shown 0% progress
since yesterday, still scanning mostly *.new files and the property files
associated with them.

Robert Miles
After running 24 hours a day for a few days, the Windows Live OneCare
safety scanner on the same 64-bit machine as the long-running task has
reached 1% of the files scan. Shouldn't it be relabelled as possibly taking
a few months to complete?

The long-running task has now taken 285 hours; I've seen reports that
for similar tasks other people ran, it often took over 300 CPU hours.

Robert Miles

  • Re: OT Explorer/GenesReunited problem
    ... Hugh Watkins wrote: ... Welcome to the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner. ... Having visited the Windows Live OneCare site and clicked on Safety Scanner I find that this gives the following message; ... This version of the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner doesn't work with your Web browser or operating system." ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Problems with Vista backup program
    ... I'm running the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner on the same 64-bit ... After running 24 hours a day for a few days, the Windows Live OneCare ... Trying another new,full backup now. ... since the version with automatic backup turned on seems to ...