Re: XP Style search tool?

On Sat, 22 May 2010 17:12:21 -0500, danegolf <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hello, I am not able to get the Search tool to function properly in
Vista. I get into the Search Window. I simply want to find all my most
recent files. I choose Advanced Search and then set the date to all
files created after May 1, 2010. The Search runs and only returns one
file. I know that I've created more files since May 1, 2010. When I run
the search for the C: drive. I get one file returned. When I run the
Search using Computer, I get only onbe filoe, but its different from the
file found under C: drive.

Can anyone explain how to run a Search so that it returns all the files
on my computer that were created after a certain date? Your help is
really appeciated.

Hello Danegolf,

Without seeing the exact query that you are using or your search and
indexing options, it's hard to say what's wrong. However, I do this kind
of search often on Vista and it works as expected. A search of my
"Indexed Locations" using the query

date:>01 May 2010

returns 676 files.

Sometimes you don't need to use Advanced Search. Did you try using one of
the supplied saved searches that begin with "Recent"? Click on your user
profile in Windows Explorer and click on the "Searches" folder to expand
the list.

Doug M. in NJ

  • Re: Solution / Vista Lacks A Real Search Engine
    ... Past that you need to learn the how search works in Vista and the syntax for advanced search in windows Vista. ... Check the box next to "Use natural language search". ... "Copernic Desktop Search" and still retain finger tip acvanced search ...
  • Re: Solution / Vista Lacks A Real Search Engine
    ... for advanced search in windows Vista. ... you need to set your search options through "Folder Options" ... Check the box next to "Use natural language search". ... Vistas advanced search capabilities for you ...
  • Re: Solution / Vista Lacks A Real Search Engine
    ... If your an average computer user and find search in Vista not working for you, you need to set your search options through "Folder Options" in how to search. ... Vistas advanced search capabilities for you system are very similar to the way search works when using Google. ... But use natural language search until you learn how to use advanced search methods. ...
  • Re: Search ?
    ... you go to Advanced Search ... one the drives, ... 'How to search files by content data | Vista Rewired' ... Or go to to Explorer type something the Search box and find the Advanced Search icon that going to be somewhere in the result box and double click it. ...
  • Re: searching
    ... 16:00 hrs yesterday. ... out how to get into 'advanced search' without entering part of the filename ... Otherwise, press Winkey +F to show the main search window, then click on ... "Advanced Search" on the right side of the toolbar. ...