Problems with Vista backup program

I've not been able to complete any file backups successfully
for about two months. Some of the error messages
suggest that I need to tell my antivirus program to stop
interfering with accesses to wherever the list of previous
backups is stored - but so far I've had no success finding
out just where that is.

I have found that a program C:\Windows\System32\sdclt.exe
seems to be responsible for doing the backup, under either
32-bit Vista or 64-bit Vista, but not where it stores the data
about the backups it has finished making

Do any of you know where to find that list?

By the way, my antivirus program is Norton Internet
Security 2010, and my attempts to get Symantec/Norton
to fix this problem have accomplished little more than
getting one of their people to try to persuade me to
delete the backup program.

Also, could this backup program be revised so that
it will, if necessary, make multiple attempts to access
that list and update it, and, if necessary, will have no
problems formatting three or more DVD+RWs and
putting the backup on that many?

Robert Miles

  • RE: Event ID 348 Email not delivered
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... You run an antivirus program on the Exchange computer who is running ... this backup will ensure that you have a valid backup of your server should ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: What is NTMSDATA and NTMSDATA.BAK
    ... backup to media. ... information and rely on my Antivirus program and Spyware program to detect malicious ... Should I have NTMSDATA and NTMSDATA.BAK or does it mean ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: kb931784 ntoskrnl corrupt
    ... Did the operating system state that the file was corrupt or was it an antivirus program that brought up the message, AND, was an antivirus program actively monitoring the system {NORTON] during the update's installation? ... Joe Medford wrote: ... Does anyone know how to resolve this? ... After bringing a backup of the file back, it is fine, but wants to do the update again. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Vista Backup and Restore Center
    ... I've recently upgraded to a new PC with Vista installed, I've been using XP Professional for a few years and pretty much know the operating system inside out, my knowledge of Vista however is fairly good, but far from what I would call in-depth. ... After spending a fair amount of time reviewing the backup and restore options within Windows Vista, I'm left scratching my head wondering what on earth Microsoft were thinking when they designed this feature. ... If I want to backup just my 'Pictures' folder from the 'E' drive, I'm not allowed to do this - I have to backup every picture file from my main Windows installation drive 'C' without even having the option to select a) any other picture folders and/or files individually, and b) the option to backup to a drive and folder of my choice. ...
  • Re: Free Space Monster (episode 2)
    ... small image backup of a Vista partition on their Intel Macs. ... Conventional backup methods like using the Vista version of Ghost will ... backup more in line with a 3MB file system. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)