hard drive appears nearly full but is only 25% used

I have vista home premium, 200gb hard drive. i had not been paying
attention until I received a warning that I was running out of space.
Being sort of a dummy, I took computer to Best Buy. They ran
diagnostics. They found no problems. Then they cleaned it up and
optimized it. When I got it home the C drive showed 177gb capacity with
135gb free space. Within 3 days my free space was reduced by approx
25gb. I downloaded and ran Auslogics Defrag and my free space was again
135gb. But in the last 5 days my free space has been disappearing. It's
at 113gb right now. I realize that's plenty of free space, but I'd like
to rectify this problem before I'm close to showing full again. Can
someone help me?

--
frankfleck

  • HP Recovery Drive
    ... I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 upgraded to Vista Home Premium 32-Bit version. ... I click on the message like it says to free space but when it brings up what I remember but may not be right is disk defraigmatter (no clue if i spelled that right) and there is no space to clear in the folders. ...
  • Re: Vista
    ... I draw your ... attention to: ... "Free space on Hard Drive 15GB" ... Oh FFS! ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Disk free space minimum threshold warning
    ... I've been getting warning ... messages saying that my disk free space has dropped below the minimum ... threshold and that I need to free up space. ... message when I have 10% of my hard drive free. ...
  • Re: Vista
    ... I draw your attention ... "Free space on Hard Drive 15GB" ... Oh FFS! ... Plus the need for certain graphic capable cards ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Mystery file eating by system partition
    ... Severl weeks ago, I got a warning that there was no more space on C:, ... my system partition. ... Properties showed 0 free space. ... Rebooting and then deleting it fixes it.... ...