Re: Unable to replace file with newer version

Use the Shredder that is included with the freeware "filemenu tools".

http://www.lopesoft.com/en/fmtools/info.html

"Samkent" <Samkent.3z9x0c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Samkent.3z9x0c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have an Access database I have to replace in a folder under program
files.

I can delete the file. I can copy the new version to the folder. But
when I open the file it's the old version.

I have tried copy and paste. I have tried delete and then a reboot but
the old version comes back after I copy and paste (or drag) the new
version into the correct folder. I have tried delete then empty recycle
bin and it still comes back when I put the new version in the correct
folder.

Any Ideas???

I can run the new version from the desktop

--
Samkent