Re: Unable to replace file with newer version

Use the Shredder that is included with the freeware "filemenu tools".

http://www.lopesoft.com/en/fmtools/info.html

"Samkent" <Samkent.3z9x0c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Samkent.3z9x0c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have an Access database I have to replace in a folder under program
files.

I can delete the file. I can copy the new version to the folder. But
when I open the file it's the old version.

I have tried copy and paste. I have tried delete and then a reboot but
the old version comes back after I copy and paste (or drag) the new
version into the correct folder. I have tried delete then empty recycle
bin and it still comes back when I put the new version in the correct
folder.

Any Ideas???

I can run the new version from the desktop

--
Samkent

  • Re: Limit open dialog to certain directory
    ... But depending on what the OP opens, it could be the wrong one. ... The wrong one in the sense that it isn't in the correct folder. ... And if the developer opens sgood & sfile, then the program wouldn't be opening ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Limit open dialog to certain directory
    ... only allow files to be opened that are in the correct folder. ... If the user is told the file is in the wrong folder, ... And if the developer opens sgood & sfile, then the program wouldn't be opening ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Move single email message from inbox to another folder
    ... //save message body and any attachments to database ... //then move it to the correct folder ... if (SaveFlag) ... //move this message to the SaveSuccessful folder ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Excel 97 to 2003 conversion problem
    ... PaulC wrote: ... > If I copy file to same folder with different name I can also save file ... > So its only when I try to save the file in the correct folder with the ... > correct name that it wont allow it. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: mp3s show and Play in WMP Library but not in Music Folder
    ... "Brett Webb" wrote in message ... Folder it opens the correct folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)