Re: Unable to replace file with newer version

Use the Shredder that is included with the freeware "filemenu tools".

http://www.lopesoft.com/en/fmtools/info.html

"Samkent" <Samkent.3z9x0c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Samkent.3z9x0c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have an Access database I have to replace in a folder under program
files.

I can delete the file. I can copy the new version to the folder. But
when I open the file it's the old version.

I have tried copy and paste. I have tried delete and then a reboot but
the old version comes back after I copy and paste (or drag) the new
version into the correct folder. I have tried delete then empty recycle
bin and it still comes back when I put the new version in the correct
folder.

Any Ideas???

I can run the new version from the desktop

--
Samkent

  • Re: Limit open dialog to certain directory
    ... But depending on what the OP opens, it could be the wrong one. ... The wrong one in the sense that it isn't in the correct folder. ... And if the developer opens sgood & sfile, then the program wouldn't be opening ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Limit open dialog to certain directory
    ... only allow files to be opened that are in the correct folder. ... If the user is told the file is in the wrong folder, ... And if the developer opens sgood & sfile, then the program wouldn't be opening ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Move single email message from inbox to another folder
    ... //save message body and any attachments to database ... //then move it to the correct folder ... if (SaveFlag) ... //move this message to the SaveSuccessful folder ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Problem with a linked database
    ... saying that the back end data could not be found. ... relink the tables and when I drilled down to the folder where the database is ... I decided to look in the folder ... dicovered that the back end was actually in the correct folder and that ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: 530 cannot login home directory inaccessable
    ... if you are sure that you have the correct folder ... See, if you are having this problem, this because you've configured a FTP ... I keep getting 530 cannot login home directory ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)