Unable to replace file with newer version

Try the following:

Right click CMD.EXE (command prompt)
Select Run As Administrator,
Type CD\ and hit Enter to drop you into the root directory,
Change to Program files and delete the old file,
Click the X in the top right corner to go back to Windows,
Then copy the new version.

"Samkent" <Samkent.3z9x0c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Samkent.3z9x0c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have an Access database I have to replace in a folder under program
files.

I can delete the file. I can copy the new version to the folder. But
when I open the file it's the old version.

I have tried copy and paste. I have tried delete and then a reboot but
the old version comes back after I copy and paste (or drag) the new
version into the correct folder. I have tried delete then empty recycle
bin and it still comes back when I put the new version in the correct
folder.

Any Ideas???

I can run the new version from the desktop

--
Samkent

  • Re: Errors during SBS 2003 SP1 Installation
    ... I think here's where you went wrong, the regedit of the 'Program Files' dir. ... reg hacking SBS is not to be taken lightly. ... ..Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition ... is that I changed the program files folder to D: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: removing folders from program files
    ... It's not a crime to remove sub-folders from the 'Program Files' ... The 'Common Files' folder within 'Program Files' ... It's a rarer occurrence that the program installed a windows 'service', ... I have this folder called "Emergent Music LLC" in my Program Files ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista Program Files Folder Problem - Issue 1
    ... It had been very convenient to simply copy the files to their final locations using a batch script; I just now need to make my batch script a little bit smarter to place the data file into the virtualized folder. ... Storing data in the Programs Files directory has never been a good practice and Vista actively prohibits it. ... I created a directory in Program Files and placed a front-end MS Access database in it and a back-end database into a subfolder; ...
  • Re: Sharing Program Files folder
    ... I know what you are saying but I think Simple File Sharing only ... Windows folder. ... error when trying to access shared Program Files folder. ...
  • Re: Word 2007 equation galleries are blank
    ... N.B. in the French version of Vista 'Program files' has the stupidly incorrect alias 'Programmes', which can make life a bit difficult for non-USA users. ... problem to the one in the %appdata% folder. ... I did that, exactly as you described, but the gallery still isn't populated. ... The workings of the equation editor are too chaotic to be describable ...