Re: Files Get Renamed

"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Om454EFQKHA.2092@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.
This is a bit unusual but not critical.
I've worked with my access 2007 database files for some time and somehow
the files case got changed.
In other words, a file named MyDatabase.accdb was changed to
mydatabase.accdb in explorer.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the files.
After renaming them back the shortcuts to them work ok.
These seem to be the only files that this happened to.
Is there anything in Vista Basic that would do this?
Does anyone know of some 3rd party software that might do this?
Wondering if I should be concerned about a virus.
Did a scan with avg and found no infections.

Thanks,
James

  • Files Get Renamed
    ... I've worked with my access 2007 database files for some time and somehow ... After renaming them back the shortcuts to them work ok. ... Does anyone know of some 3rd party software that might do this? ...
  • Access 2007
    ... Somehow I clicked on the wrong button and did something to one of my access ... database files that makes it inaccessible. ... I get a message saying something ... EdC ...
  • Re: Cant access My Pictures
    ... some old shortcuts that somehow got copied over to mew ... Via explorer, I try to access >Documents>My Pictures - or My Music or My Videos - all shortcuts ...
  • Re: How do I delete Word 2 & 3? I dont know how it got there.
    ... I'm guessing you somehow created multiple ... shortcuts to Word by dragging stuff around. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Off topic Windows question
    ... I have a friend who somehow creates shortcuts ... to programs she uses at a high rate. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)