Re: shortcut at C:/ProgramData/Application Data

See these links. The second one will explain your loop.

"gordon55y" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:098566b9801ba8e4fa2f3a9bd7c808e9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I notice that vista has made some shortcut folders as placeholders
previous XP folders. For instance:
C:/Application Data
If I look at the properties for that shortcut, it is type folder with
no target.
That all makes sense.

But I see another shortcut at:
C:/ProgramData/Application Data
That shortcut is type folder, but it has a target of "C:/Program Data"
And, when opening that shortcut you get into an endless loop. :-(
And causes my script to endlessly drill down.
This is a 1 month old vista home laptop.
I believe it should be a shortcut with type folder and no target.
Is that correct?
How can I fix this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Desktop documents/folders no longer available?
    ... Windows explorer and dragged and dropped all my misc docs and folders on ... I have since then upgraded from notebook from XP to Vista and now after ... "the network connection or drive that your shortcut refers to is ...
    ... I would like to sort them using a program like Windows Explorer or my ... So I don't know if it is a Shortcut or the actually program. ... desktop, I rather prefer, except for two folders containing maybe 50 ... PPro, however, is actually quite strong from a development/programing ...
  • Re: MCE Interface Question 1 - Cant add folders
    ... shortcut, Properties, Target, Move... ... Pictures" and "My Videos" folders moved to that new directory. ... When I go to MCE My Pictures, right click, add ...
  • Re: Full System Restore after resetting to Factory Default Settings - How?
    ... registries, web browser favourites, files, folders etc. which I saved to ... I've now got a short cut on my desk top called "Shortcut to System ... With that guide, install all your software from CDs, DVDs, and your ...
  • Re: Post not answered
    ... The queue show my name and subject still there, ... > We have 11 folders under My Documents. ... then choosing "Create Shortcut". ... want open in the other account. ...