Re: Vista Indexing Service

"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I really don't do many searches so I guess I can do without indexing.

I don't do many either, but when I do... Agentransack.

Google it. Free.

Thanks,
James

"CrucialHoax" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

The indexing service only effects files that were 'indexed' so they can
be found in searches faster. My laptop does the same thing, even my xp
machine with indexing on does it. Nothing to worry about here. Your
better off disabling the index service as the little increase in time
searching is worth the decrease in resource usage and hard drive usage
even at idle...

--
CrucialHoax

  • Re: Vista Indexing Service
    ... The indexing service only effects files that were 'indexed' so they can ... My laptop does the same thing, ... searching is worth the decrease in resource usage and hard drive usage ...
  • Re: Search and Asp.Net
    ... The easiest way is to rely on the robots like Google to do their work. ... Microsoft indexing service should be properly configured on your machine ... Then you can query the catalog using normal ADO.NET objects: ... PDF files for download. ...
  • Re: Question about indexing service
    ... Indexing service is rather old, slow, and feeble. ... Try one of the new desktop search programs, ... google desktop search and yahoo desktop search are free, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Google Desktop Search vs. Windows Indexing Service
    ... Should Windows Indexing Service be turned off if you are using the new Google ... Desktop Search? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)