Re: Create Disk Partition / Dual boot?

You're welcome Lee. Please let us know how it went.

Lee;1141385 Wrote:
Thanks much to all you guys.. your input has been helpful...I have a 500
gb
drive and over 300 of it is free, so I plan to shrink etc per
instructions... the 3rd party software I am wanting to test under Win 7
does
not run in Vista 64 bit environment...

Thank You again
Lee

"Brink" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:34338477fc2f28c3876bcc3138f05847@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

Hello Lee,

Depending on how you have your drive(s) or partitions setup, this may
be able to help you with this.

'Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and Vista - Windows 7 Forums'
('Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and Vista - Windows 7 Forums'
(http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/5166-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-vista.html))

Shawn

Lee;1140412 Wrote:> > > > >
Question: How do you create a disk partition in Vista Home premium
if
the
disk is not dynamic? I would like to install a trial version of
Windows
see if business apps will run.... and would much prefer to keep all
of
that
on a seperate partition with option to boot either Win7 or Vista...
articles
or professional advice on pros and cons desired...> > > >

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'

(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=87AD1AFC-4723-4479-A555-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' ('Windows 7 Forums'
(http://www.sevenforums.com/))
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.* > >

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=87AD1AFC-4723-4479-A555-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Create Disk Partition / Dual boot?
    ... your input has been helpful...I have a 500 gb drive and over 300 of it is free, so I plan to shrink etc per instructions... ... the 3rd party software I am wanting to test under Win 7 does not run in Vista 64 bit environment... ... Depending on how you have your driveor partitions setup, ... '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*' ...
  • Re: password expires too quickly
    ... How can one change the password expiration time to a longer ... '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*' ... '*Windows Vista Forums*' ...
  • Re: task bar items
    ... For instance, when I am opening different folders in Outlook, Vista ... '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*' ...
  • Re: Windows Vista taskbar always in the back
    ... '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*' ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ... '*Windows Vista Forums*' ...
  • Re: Why doesnt search really SEARCH?!
    ... You can disable the Index to have Vista default to doing non-index ... display the FULL path to the file? ... '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*' ...