Re: why can't I re-install game?

That's generally how tech support works these days. Try the games online support forum or google. Worst case post to an appropriate group on here such as vista.games

--

------
"canabear" <canabear.3yhocf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:canabear.3yhocf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Peter Foldes;1558743 Wrote:
Contact the Game manufacturer for info

--
Peter

"canabear" <canabear.3yhhg4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message

> tried re-installing a game (game on machine has a bad map) and vista
> won't let me. copy with bad map keeps coming back. even tried a
brand
> new out of the box copy. no luck . fixed the problem easily on XP
> machine. :mad:driving me crazy....:mad:
> thanks in advance y'all :D
>

> --

> canabear

tried contacting manufacturer, and, as per usual, said it wasn't
related to them. try your OS. hmm, pass the buck time I see. so, vista
saves copies of games... and the game manufacturer (microsoft) for once
tuns a blind eye? only for vista I suppose.

--
canabear

  • RE: Vista Compatible Games List So Far
    ... can't get need for speed games to work with my new computer that runs vista. ... (NB With NVIDIA 8800GTX/GTS GPUs the game crashes when loading Cherbourg ... For best results, set Compatibility Mode for application ... Star Wars Galaxies ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: Vista Compatible Games List So Far
    ... lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie microsoft is lieing about the ... Civilization IV (Vista 32/64-bit) ... (NB With NVIDIA 8800GTX/GTS GPUs the game crashes when loading Cherbourg ... Star Wars Galaxies ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • RE: Vista Compatible Games List So Far
    ... Civilization IV (Vista 32/64-bit) ... (NB With NVIDIA 8800GTX/GTS GPUs the game crashes when loading Cherbourg ... For best results, set Compatibility Mode for application ... Star Wars Galaxies ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: I like Vista
    ... programs on XP that blow the Vista interface away. ... DirectX 10 will only be released for Vista. ... encompassing libraries used by video cards, sound cards, and game ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: OT: XP vs Vista
    ... I am already quite indebted to the open source and freeware community for all ... compete with other companies for OS market share, or Office apps, I ... sells more copies of Vista. ... would you have to being using DX10 as the underlying platform for game ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)