Re: .wav files no longer recognized

Hi, Squa190.

Can you browse to a .wav file, right-click on it, and choose to Open with...Windows Media Player?

I just noticed that your Subject says "no longer". Did it work before? What happened just before it quit working?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Squa190" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8868a000d8464c85aa350bc1329d2375@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am using Vista 64-bit Home Premium

wav is not listed in the default program associate filetype page so I
can not set a default.

  • Re: wav files in power point 2000
    ... the presentation folder before inserting/linking, ... The wav file may not be a wav file. ... you can make another sound file type look like a wav. ... Media player isn't that smart. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Media Player 9 wont play .wav files
    ... If I double click on a .wav file, ... > loads, shows the filename in the playlist, but playback stops with no ... If I click on the play button, ... Same thing happens if I open the file from within Media player. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: cannot open file
    ... message, when I click a .wav file that it does not support the file, even ... Windows Media Player support list says it can however when I try to flay a ... ..wav file either from the Player or by clicking a file the message comes up ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: rip a CD to .WAV file
    ... into a .WAV file? ... I don't see such a capability in my Media Player 9 or Sound Recorder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Media Player 9 wont play .wav files
    ... loads, shows the filename in the playlist, but playback stops with no ... If I click on the play button, ... Same thing happens if I open the file from within Media player. ... the .wav file is identified as a video file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)