Re: How are folders named in Windows Vista

I did move them as you described However, the Documents folder pinned to
the Start menu does not reference those folders. it references folders called
My Documents which somehow were created after I moved the folders where I
wanted the data. The actual My Documents folder did not appear until after I
made the moves.

When I select the Documents folder properties pinned to the Start Menu, it
does not give me the "move" button which the other folders had.

"whs" wrote:

Michael Garczynski;1100132 Wrote:
I have redirected several of my folders in Vista as I have previously in
XP
so I didn't have to change my document locations. However, many of the
references so the folder as My Documents while the Vista folder is just
called Documents. I am not able to change the location of these folders
even though I have successfully redirected all of the locations. How do
complete these changes so my applications function normally?

If you want to move those folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, Music,
etc.), you have to go into the folder Properties, location tab and move
them there - for example to another partition on the same drive or
another internal drive.

--
whs

  • Re: Question on Tools/Options/File Locations...
    ... I feel that Solidworks does a poor job of finding referenced files. ... I have a projects folder and within that all my different jobs are ... external references" - Checked or unChecked ... Assemblies will search for referenced components in three places in the ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)
  • RE: How to create relative and shorthand file path names
    ... > that reference a child folder, or parent folder, or perhaps no folder at all ... This would seem to be an absolute necessity, ... > all the references in those files point to locations that no longer exist. ... > very Operating System dependent as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Rename folder and fix references?
    ... Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks ... Dim Folder As Scripting.Folder ... Then in TOOLS/OPTIONS/EXTERNAL REFERENCES turn on Search External ... Within that folder are client subfolders. ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)
  • Re: How to create relative and shorthand file path names
    ... > that reference a child folder, or parent folder, or perhaps no folder at all ... > methods for naming file paths and some that appear to be relative file paths ... This would seem to be an absolute necessity, ... > all the references in those files point to locations that no longer exist. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Rename folder and fix references?
    ... tree of folders. ... Then in TOOLS/OPTIONS/EXTERNAL REFERENCES turn on Search External ... the folder tree named in REFERENCES. ... Within that folder are client subfolders. ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)