Re: Hard Drive Image or Copy

"Len" <fa3ts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Something to think about when it comes to imaging.

The standard Acronis package (which I have) will indeed make an image and
restore an entire image of files -- even individual files. Finding
individual files using its Explorer-like interface is, however, is
definitely not easy.

It's quite easy. I've done it.

That's the least of what may be a potential problem
when and if you have hardware problems.

The worst may be restoring your stored image to a replacement drive. Their
"fine print" indicates that Restore must be done to identical hardware.

You are SO full of crap! I've been using Acronis True Image since
version 8 and have NEVER encountered what you are saying.

Never.

  • Re: Hijacked Hard Drive
    ... > used to restore your computer to an ealier date. ... > with a bunch of files in it. ... > I think your bigger concearn should be how did you get a virus. ... not individual files that can be deleted. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Acronis True Image vs. SyncToy
    ... individual files to be restored, but you can't explore your "file ... besides the usual stuff that all files have, has Restore, and Mount... ... backup of a drive or partition can do either.... ... "Integrate with Windows" option during installation and promptly ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Acronis True Image
    ... Malke wrote: ... >Lavert wrote: ... >> Am now trying to restore some individual files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Restore Failure
    ... The reason I ask is that if any changes are made to a monitored drive while SR is not running can cause corruption of the restore points. ... I see that Acronis has the ability to restore individual files and folders. ... If SysRestore ever again becomes of value I will need to be careful of that -- although I'm not quite certain which files SysRestore would not be interested in, ...