Re: Duplicate "Documents" Folders

I also had duplicate Documents folders. I tried method three, but the
folder never re-appeared, no matter how many times I restarted. So I
restored the folder from the Recycle bin (I had a copy on a USB stick
too) and then used method two, to restore the default location. That
seemed to work, as the duplicate folders have not reappeared since.

But method three did work in restoring the Pictures folder, although I
had to restart twice.

--
anh

-Jesus loves me but I just want to be friends, so it's kind of awkward.-

  • Re: Recovering/repairing Win2k install after m/b & CPU change
    ... To see an illustrated registry restore procedure ... if you make your backup into a folder ... restore the user hives also.) ... Here's the detailed proceedure for using the Recovery Console: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: SP3 install space problem
    ... You will need to watch System Restore. ... above I would ensure that the disk space allocation to system restore is ... Information folder in Windows Explorer by right clicking on the Folder ... Remove Temporary Internet Files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Recovering/repairing Win2k install after m/b & CPU change
    ... backup your critical data and any downloaded sources for which you don't ... after which you can do a normal ERDNT restore. ... inside your Windows or Winnt folder, you can restore at a Recovery Console ... restore the user hives also.) ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: IE wont finish update on reboot
    ... > error messages saying that one or more files failed to update. ... WININIT.INI file in your C:\WINDOWS folder. ... probable that you will have to repeat the last software install or ... any system restore checkpoints you might have (not that I think they ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Creating space on C:
    ... On the basis that your C partition contains your Windows operating ... system you can turn off System Restore on your D, E, and F partitions. ... Uninstall folders in your Windows folder typically: ...