Re: Move Outlook .pst files from old XP computer to new Vista computer

I too am not a techie, but I have tried copying .pst and then opening,
"Open" via menu, etc. Finally got folders, but cannot respond to e-mail
or create address book as "wab.dll" cannot be found.

Microsoft says to reinstall outlook express?!?!?! I am using Outllook
2000, and moving it over from a XP to Vista machine. But no address
book, signature, etc.

Copied backup, moved it over and renamed, then reopened. All I got was
other copy of folders.

How to get address book back?

--
hunterabq
hunterabq's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/114746.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: no longer able to add events
    ... Creating a new pst and copying over email folders won't be hard. ... don't see a "Calendar" folder that I can simply copy over. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring)
  • Re: Outlook and pst file
    ... you're sure you're opening the correct .pst file... ... Are the folders there? ... as an alternative to opening the file, you might try File - Import and Export and importing some of the folders. ... due some compatibility issues I have been experiencing with Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Cant migrate OL2000 data to OL2003
    ... So far I have tried creating a new PST from the OL2000 account ... copying the file to the OL2003 PC and opening it. ... exporting the data from the OL2000 PC to a PST file, copying and importing. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Need help restoring a .pst file
    ... I've tried deleting the target PST before copying the new one. ... I've tried opening the original in place, ... Dick ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Cant move subfolders to pst folder
    ... > still get the same error message. ... If you can't even copy the folders from the old PST, try copying the ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)