Re: Strange Icon Behaviour [0/1] "Desktopexample.nzb" yEnc (1/1)

Cynyster wrote:

Hi everyone

I have a annoyance I was hoping someone has come across before.

The Icon that represents my desktop in my profile is the standard windows
yellow icon Not the fancy blue aero one like the rest of the folders in my
profile.

The trouble is the desktop folder does not have the customize tab for me
to manually change it back. I took a couple of screen shots to help you
see what I am talking about. see attached.

You can see that other profiles seem to be ok and that the one is just a
yellow folder.

Also I have copied the desktop.ini file from the working folder to the
new
folder. I have compared the contents to make certain that they are the
same.

I really don't want to have to recreate the profile just to fix one icon
(I have created a new profile and the icon in the new profile is the way
it should be)

No one is going to download a binary, let alone one posted *three* times,
just to see a picture of your Desktop. Either host the image on a free
image hosting site (and a lot of people won't bother going there, either)
or just use words to describe the issue. Actually, your message is quite
descriptive all by itself.

Here are a few solutions from MVP Ramesh. From your description, it sounds
like the second one should do the trick but I gave you all three just in
case.

Fixing Folder Type problems (MVP Ramesh)
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fixing-folder-type-problems-in-windows-vista/

Shell folders are displayed with the standard folder icon in Windows Vista
(MVP Ramesh):
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/130/1/Shell-folders-are-displayed-with-the-standard-folder-icon-in-Windows-Vista.html

Fix Desktop.INI files in Special Folders using DesktopINIFix for Windows
Vista (MVP Ramesh):
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-desktop-ini-files-in-special-folders-using-desktopinifix/

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: TweakUI missing "Repair My Documents Icon" etc
    ... You can also add TweakUI to the Control Panel with ... Add XP TweakUI Icon to the Control Panel ... How can I add TweakUI to the Windows XP Control Panel? ... Documents and Settings folder on whatever drive it is located on for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 will not install
    ... You can try to install the Windows 2003 ... Expand to Windows Logs -> Application and right-click to select Save ... of the public folder database files. ... domain to the new SBS 2003 installation, way is to create a local profile, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: T.S User Profiles
    ... We tried to create the folder manually from users session, ... If the above solves the problem, you can easily create the windows ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... automatically uses the same path as the profile path. ...
  • Re: <User> Documents link in "My Computer" goes to wrong location
    ... when I open "My Documents" there used to be a faded icon shown in the ... Windows XP Shell/User ... "Craters" wrote in message ... > that should be shown in the "My Documents" folder is not being shown. ...
  • Re: Win XP assigns me new "user" folder - creates problem - how can I get it to use my old "
    ... Thanks John for your patience and help with this problem. ... My laptop is running Windows XP Pro. ... To determine if the profile is corrupt: ... Documents and Settings folder. ...