Re: Same Columns EVERYWHERE!!!

Léon Dìgnon wrote:
Fine! This buggs me since Vista was released and it even points back to XP. It is really easy to understand: I open the explorer and browse to C:. I set up my columns as I need them. In particular this is:
Name, Filesize, Filetype and Date.

I want that to be the default setting for EVERY folder, regardless wheter it is an old one, or I create a new one. I just want EVERY folder to show MY chosen columns.

How can I do this in a permanent way?

Thanks in advance!

Open Windows Explorer

Set up a folder the way you want it

If you do not have the Menu Bar (File Edit View Tools Help)
Then Click on Organize > Layout > Menu Bar to turn it on.

Click on Tools > Folder Options... > View tab

Click the "Apply to Folders" button.

It will ask "Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder's view settings?" There is a bit of a catch in the part 'of this type'. It seems to me that Vista typecasts folders based on contents, so the settings for a 'data' folder may not carry over to a 'picture' folder, in my experience.

Aaron

  • RE: Browser lost its memory
    ... and on the Folder Options Click on View Tab. ... Remember each folder's view settings. ... History settings for keeping the history is set say for 30 days (you can make ... Temorary Internet Files ...
  • Re: Encryption and File settings and transfer wizard
    ... Subject: RE: Encryption and 'File settings and transfer wizard' ... After I did the restore, ... looked for the .pst files and the folder was empty. ...
  • Re: Won,t Update
    ... I couldn,t rename the software distribution folder. ... Clearing Temporary Internet files, cookies and history in Internet Explorer ... Please note that Security settings in Internet Explorer must be set to Medium or ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Installer folders & best practices
    ... I have a list of developer assemblies which use a plugin design. ... These plugin settings are ... They are recommended to be placed into Application Folder. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Quick Launch sort
    ... Windows 2000 has the best explanations. ... This will reset many things like saved folder settings. ... The changes you make to a folder's view is automatically saved when you close the folder. ... BOOL fShowAllObjects:1; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)