Re: Duplicate "Documents" Folders

Hello Kristan,

Backup the contents of the Documents folder to another location, then
using OPTION THREE in the tutorial below, double check to make sure that
the Documents (Personal in registry) is set with the default location.
Afterwards, delete all of the Documents folders and restart the
computer. It may take a couple of restarts, but it should be restore
back to default. When everything checks out, you can copy the backup
files back into the Documents folder. :)

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/148461-personal-user-folder-restore-missing-folder.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

knmcnulty;1083637 Wrote:
Hi everyone!
I've had my laptop for a few months, and somewhere along the way I've
managed to wind up with multiple Documents folders. I've got two that
are identical, and one inside of another one--if that makes sense. I've
tried deleting, incorporating them all into one--they always sprout
their evil heads back in place. I'm really at a loss for words to
describe this little annoyance at this point, so here's some screen
captures to show:
[image: http://www.cowseatcows.com/test/ss1.jpg] This one shows the two
Doc folders...

[image: http://www.cowseatcows.com/test/doc1.jpg] What is inside of the
1st Doc folder...

[image: http://www.cowseatcows.com/test/doc2.jpg] What is inside the
2nd Doc folder...

And then the Doc folder that is inside of the 2nd has the same content
from the 1st.

Like I said, this is mildly annoying if nothing else. I probably did it
one way or another, but I'd be very appreciative if somebody could help
me undo it!
Thanks!
Kristin

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=87AD1AFC-4723-4479-A555-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: backing-up
    ... Backup "strategies" can be very simple or quite complex, ... On Monday, copy your entire Documents folder to the Monday disk, etc. ... someone mentioned their daily backing up procedure. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: backing-up
    ... store all the thing I received or download abd do not consider to need them ... Backup "strategies" can be very simple or quite complex, ... On Monday, copy your entire Documents folder to the Monday disk, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Offline files, errors when trying to synchronising
    ... I have enabled offline files on the home drive so the my documents folder should synchronise, the my documents folder is under 2gb in size. ... The trouble is that the files aren't sync'ing, the files are being created within the offline files folder but won't sync. ... What errors are you getting in the OF console when the laptop connects to the network when it tries to sync? ... On a couple networks I admin, we use Symantec Backup Exec and the Desktop/Laptop Option that backs up files to the server immediately on modification. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: backing-up
    ... And some others like Pictures. ... Shrinks it to about half the size so you use less space in the backup. ... Copy your Documents folder somewhere ... McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: What is a ".webarchive"?
    ... Regarding backup: I actually did have a daily backup of my Documents folder and Settings. ... But since the Domain file is not by default in the Documents folder it got irregularly backed-up. ... Interestingly, although the Domain file appears monolithic, when I did an incremental backup after re-creating those missing sites, there delta-backup size was only a few megabytes, not the huge Domain file size. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)