Re: Vista Home Premium Backup Fails (error 0x8007007B)

I've had the same problem after migrating files from Ubuntu Linux. I,ve
been able to delete all the files and folders except for a folder named
"Documents". When I try to delete this folder I get a message saying
"The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a
different file name".

When I open the properties for this folder, the General tab shows
"Contains: 3 files, 0 folders", but when I open the folder I can only
see one file (I have "show hidden files and folders" set in Folder
Options.). This file has no name, type "file", and size 0KB.

When I try to delete this file, nothing happens.

When I try to give it a name by right clicking and selecting "Rename",
a box appears and I can type a name into it, but when I hit Return
whatever I've typed disappears.

When I open Properties for the file, the name box is blank. When I type
a name into the box then click OK, I get an error message saying "A file
name cannot contain any of the following characters: \ / : * ? < > |".
What I typed didn't contain any of those characters!

Help!:confused:

--
IanFerguson

  • RE: Adding Links to WorkItems using WorkItems.xml
    ... SharePoint Services" folder in process template folder when a new project ... specify one or more tasks and their dependencies. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.enterprise.tools)
  • Re: Error when double clicking on Excel file to open
    ... ' The ITEMIDLIST structure defines an element in an item identifier list. ... Declare Function SHGetPathFromIDList Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "SHGetPathFromIDListA" (ByVal pIdl As Long, ByVal pszPath As String) As Long ... 'Retrieves the location of a special folder. ... ' This string can be used to specify instructions to the user. ...
  • RE: Idiot_self+trojans+administrative privs = Disaster
    ... Use CACLS to get access to the system volume folder to delete the ... /G user:perm Grant specified user access rights. ... Wildcards can be used to specify more that one file in a command. ... %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing) ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Make folder with accompanying shortcut if possible
    ... (Filename can be a filename, ... Traverse Folder / Execute File ... /P user:perm;spec Replace specified user's access rights. ... Wildcard characters can be used to specify more than one file in a command, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Separate default location for picture files?
    ... Suzanne S. Barnhill ... > Anyone know how to completely remove the Clipart pictures path from ... it uses the last-opened folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)