Re: Windows Vista slow file handling with large numbers of files.

'The copy process may stop responding when you try to copy files from a
server on a network to a Windows Vista-based computer'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931770)

i dont know if this will work for you, but i thought i would throw it
out there just in case.this may help also:

'vista calculating time remaining fix'
(http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistadesktopui/thread/9c966386-cff1-4ffa-add9-6374eb1afcf0)

--
kword88

  • Re: Can not conect to server shares or join domain
    ... I unistalled Spybot SD and Virtual Box. ... I dont think it was spybot i think it was ... I have a win2003 server setup in a domain. ... rebooted the server and the same thing i keep getting error Network Path ...
  • Re: DNS Replication between DC1 & DC1
    ... I noticed the modem test failure as well. ... dont have a modem on any server on our network. ... lha4ucsdc2 does the job of domain controller as well as ISA Server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: network restart (after this: only localhost up)
    ... > what does the log says when you are doing the restart? ... I dont know why, but my ... network start script was wrong in some cases. ... >> server goes to the active environment. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Server Maxing out?? Any help please
    ... I am getting that server from RackShack right now. ... concerned is because I think I am being limited somewhere but I dont know ... I have been continually adding more and more traffic to my network but it ... Usually have about 20-30 FTPD processes running at any given time. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Can only access server on LAN when using VPN
    ... Does it contain an entry with the name of the server ?if so, ... You experience slow performance on a Windows Vista-based computer after you establish a VPN connection ... An update is available that improves the performance and reliability of Windows Vista ... network that my computer can see, but can't connect to - whenever I ...