Re: Could not find this item

Erik Nettekoven;481287 Wrote:
Hi,

Recently I faced the same problem and I was wondering if you are still
unable to delete the folder. I finally succeeded in deleting the
folders by
opening a command prompt, then used the dir /x command to get the 8.3
name of
the directory and then used the rd command with the 8.3 name of the
undeletable folder and it vanished!

--
Regards,

Erik
MCSE 2000/2003

THANK YOU!

I had to join so I can say thank you. This drove me nuts for about 1
hour until I stumbled upon this answer... worked like a charm!

Cheers
Manny

--
gonzalu

  • RE: Locating corrupt driver
    ... This article describes the functionality and limitations of the Windows ... Create and format partitions on drives. ... MB of hard disk space on your system partition to hold the Cmdcons folder ... Windows NTBoot Console Command Interpreter. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)
  • Re: Dim RetVal
    ... Looking in the folder there is a coed11.dat DAT file, the coed11 application, coed11.gdb GDB file ... The reason is that without the quotes, the command processor sees the ... In the command window, first type ... This *should* have exactly the same effect as the macro. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)
  • Re: Batch Job
    ... You cannot use the 'del' command at a DOS prompt. ... files (since 'del' might not work into the special folder). ... while the above will delete the deleted files from the Recycle Bin but it also deletes configuration files used by the Recycle Bin. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Help with cacls in WinXP Home
    ... Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP ... all the information I have of CACLS: ... Just because you can set permissions with Cacls doesn't mean you should. ... Try the Cacls command on a test folder first and make sure that your ...
  • Re: home network problem
    ... I opened the command prompt and typed ... browstat status>c:\browstat.txt and it said "browstat is not recognized as ... You're half way there, Phil. ... that you want to put the software into the folder added to the path. ...