Re: Safe to delete? Temporary Internet Files

You could also try deleting them via Internet Explorer| Tools| Internet Options| General tab| Delete| Check Temporary Internet files| Delete. That should get them out.

"SilentBob" <SilentBob.3uowbb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:SilentBob.3uowbb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After realising how much my hard drive was full, I tried looking around
what was taking all the place.
After unhiding the files in
"_C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows_", I was shocked to
see that the folder Temporary Internet Files
(_C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary_Internet_Files_)
had over 46000 files, taking over 86GB of my hard drive.
To my knowledge, "Temporary Internet Files" are *temporary* and safe to
delete. Since my knowledge is restricted and may be very wrong, I
decided to ask you guys (or girls) if it really is.

Thats it and thanks!

EDIT/UPDATE: After opening the folder, I did CTRL+A to select all the
files and saw that even though both hidden and protected files are set
to be shown, I had only around 2900 files selected instead of the 46000
I expected. Anyone can help me with this?

--
SilentBob
SilentBob's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/110728.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Temporary Internet Files
    ... I would like to stop internet explorer to cache files to the folder Temporary Internet Files. ...
  • Re: IE6 looses server-connection while surfing
    ... Tools>Internet Options, General tab, (Temporary Internet files ... -Problem also occurs on dutch websites ... network which would explain why they can load the site quickly. ...
  • Re: Explorer Error
    ... You may also want to clean out your Temporary Internet Files. ... On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files ... {This cleans>> C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Local ... Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools ...
  • Re: code
    ... Have you started IE, choosen Internet Options from the Tools menu, and ... then on the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, clicked ... Microsoft FrontPage MVP ... >>Temporary Internet Files, click Delete Files. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: All images saving as bitmap
    ... Happens when the TIF (Temporary Internet Files) become corrupted or ... the general tab click the button to "delete files". ... Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ... > picture on the web it will only allow me to save it as a bitmap image. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)