Folders disappearing in explorer

Alright, I'm really bad at explaining things, but I'll try to be as
detailed as possible.

Last night, everything was working fine. Completely fine with no
problems.

I usually leave my computer on with no problems. I wake up this morning
and this happens.

I double click on Computer and I see nothing. No drives are there, no
DVD drive, nothing. I do see the folders column on the left though. So I
click to open my F: drive (My file storage drive) and all my folders are
gone, but any files that were on the F: drive are still there. So I type
in my address bar F:\Anime\some random anime, and I can see video file.
When I go to F:\Anime (which is all folders) I see nothing. I have a few
unorganized files on my F: drive, I can see those files, but not
folders. So by doing this and exploring through my command prompt I find
out that all of my files are still there, but I can't see any folders at
all. Any programs I still had running (IRC, Steam, and Winamp) were all
still running and working fine.

I reboot my computer just to be sure and I get the same thing.

I haven't installed anything new, I haven't run anything suspicious.
Nothing has been changed since yesterday. I ran a System Restore and
everything has returned back to normal. I would have taken screenshots
and looked into it more, but making sure my files were safe was the most
important thing on my mind. I'd still like to know if anyone else has
ever seen this happen or if they have any idea of what could cause this?

--
Arveene

  • Re: SBS 2003 C: drive creeping disk space consumption
    ... These folders contain the uninstallation files for these Windows Updates ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner. ... and the paging file to other drives on the machine". ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 C: drive creeping disk space consumption
    ... Your confirmation that the server is writing to many log files was helpful ... I understand that on the SBS 2K3 SP1 Server, you notice the C drive is ... we can move some data folders to another drive. ... and the paging file to other drives on the machine". ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Designing file server file/folder structure.
    ... Hey Nick, I find this quite difficult to implement easily and ... security groups so that at some level it's easy for the logon script. ... 'special' case sec groups so that they can have access to other dept drives ... or just certain folders within other depts' drives. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Booting frm D drive instead of C Drive
    ... Search in "My Computer" reveals all same files as in Local Hard Drives search. ... In Windows Explorer try searching My Computer for boot.ini. ... Search System Folders, ... You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Control Panel, ...
  • Re: "Prison Break" 9/11First Down (Spoiler)
    ... each with a tag that has a name on it.. ... the original folders documents? ... through the sectors and bytes altering the physical data of the file. ... year that gets harder as hard drives increase in size. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)