Re: Viewing photos on a memory card

No. Since Nikon has it's own photo program you will always be directed there

--
Peter

"browndk26" <browndk26@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B8C97AF6-6F30-474E-BDAD-784DC4C8F12F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I try to view photos on an SD card from a digital camera, I have to open
a DCIM folder, then a nikon folder to see the photo files. Is there a way to
go straight to the photos and bypass the other folders? Can I have the camera
save the photos direct to the card and not have the dcim or nikon folder? The
camera is a Nikon Coolpix S560 if it matters.

  • Re: Getting multiple cameras
    ... For the last few years I've used a Nikon Coolpix 2100 with Nikon's ... the camera in, up pops the dialogue box and off it ... I've set it to create a folder automatically in format yyyymmdd ... camera, under that is each photo and I rename them to be 2008 1221 D70 Name Sequence number, Sequence number is the number that camera assigns. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Does iPhoto6 fix 5s slowness?
    ... Certain brands of camera (Casio, Pentax, some Nikon)> include in their EXIF information within a .jpg photo a very large> MakerNote. ... Prior to iPhoto 5, Apple stored a copy of the EXIF> information in a separate file for each photo. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Mac Mini?
    ... My main use of a PC is email, usenet, word processing, some photo work and a few games that are all Mac compatible. ... I was using the WinXP box for digital photography stuff, as Linux doesn't have proper colour management. ... I'm running Photoshop, iView Media Pro, Nikon Scan, Nikon Capture and Nikon View and this really isn't the kind of professional-level, processing-intensive photography stuff the Mini was designed for. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • camera or lens?
    ... Just thinking about whether camera or lens is more important in photo ... Take the top three Canon or Nikon ...
    (rec.photo.digital)