Re: How enter a new file type to associate

Dennis Evans wrote:
My computer is Vista Home Basic AMD Athlon 64x2.
I have received emails with .pps attachments which will not open unless
I save them and open them using Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer.
I have gone through Control Panel & Default Program to "Associate a
file type or protocol with a program". The list of file types offered
there includes .ppsm & .ppsx. If I associate one of these with my
program Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer it does not work with .pps
attachments.
Step by step how can I include .pps in the list of file types?
Thank you for any help.
Dennis Evans

Try this link from MVP Ramesh's site:

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2007-2009

  • Re: File Association
    ... If you're using Outlook Express as your email program, ... Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express ... including the .pps that I had all along. ... and install the free PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: File Association
    ... "Nepatsfan" wrote: ... including the .pps that I had all along. ... Is there something that I must do in the Folder Options screen with the.pps ... and install the free PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: POWERPOINT AND MEDIA FILES
    ... PPS are PowerPoint Slideshows, not video file types. ... You need to have the free PowerPoint Viewer installed in order to preview the PPS slides. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: OE cannot open attachment with valid file type and extension
    ... Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express?: ... and it opens in the PowerPoint Viewer. ...
  • Re: file association
    ... PowerPoint Viewer 2003: ... Is this regarding opening PPS files from an e-mail? ... What do I do to make the program in Folder Option the right one? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)