Re: How enter a new file type to associate

Dennis Evans wrote:
My computer is Vista Home Basic AMD Athlon 64x2.
I have received emails with .pps attachments which will not open unless
I save them and open them using Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer.
I have gone through Control Panel & Default Program to "Associate a
file type or protocol with a program". The list of file types offered
there includes .ppsm & .ppsx. If I associate one of these with my
program Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer it does not work with .pps
attachments.
Step by step how can I include .pps in the list of file types?
Thank you for any help.
Dennis Evans

Try this link from MVP Ramesh's site:

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2007-2009