Will not delete

please help me, i am having real trouble deleting files!

It started when i deleted an old Administrator account (*not the first
one made*), and i chose to delete the files.

then i then came to realise that the files were STILL located in
*C:\Users\[accountname],* will all the directories, *[documents, music,
downloads, pictures]* etc.

so, i then tried to delete them and was granted with the lovely " You
Need Permission to Perform This Action ", so i went to security, granted
all permssions to myself, and granted myself ownership and it still
would not work. i then tried deleting the files with UAC turned *off*,
and there was no change. i then tried using the command prompt to fix
it,
doing all the del [drive] [directory] etc, and refered to the " /? "
for help, and it still would not work.

i then tried to move the sub files into new files seperately both on my
desktop and in the C:\ drive, and it still gave me the same permission
warning! the hidden administrator feature also does nothing!!!

*i am REALLY stuck*, i cannot shift these files, its only 6G, but
memory that is being used for nothing, and i need!!!,

please help me.

--
johnathonozanne

  • Re: How do I completely eliminate file permission in Vista?
    ... To my knowledge, in Vista, the only difference between a regular administrator account the normally disabled Administrator account is that the disabled Administrator account, when enabled, runs with full administrative privileges at all times and does not need consent for elevation which makes it a very dangerous account to use because a program running under it can do anything the program wants to do without your knowledge or consent. ... Windows Vista Home Premium 64. ... I try to move a file folder - I can't because I don't have permission. ...
  • Re: cant modify a users profile path
    ... You have two specific user account in the SBS domain that you cannot ... please try to verify the permission on those two specific ... Check whether the administrator account have the full control ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange migration
    ... wide trust and I have the administrator account for each domain set up on all ... to delegate control in Exchange System Manager. ... Administrator for each domain the required permission to the actual server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: cant modify a users profile path
    ... You have two specific user account in the SBS domain that you cannot ... please try to verify the permission on those two specific ... Search that administrator account to list its effective ... (by default the administrator has the full control ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: EXCHANGE Export to .PST using EXMERGE fails.
    ... I still cannot get EXMERGE to create .PST file. ... Copying data from mailbox 'Stephen Coates' on Server ... > permission for the Receive As permission and the Send As permission. ... > the Administrator account, Domain Admins group, and the Enterprise Admins ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)