Re: Don't want to display contents of ZIP files

Hello OldGrantonian,

Turning "compressed folders" off will stop this for you. :)

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93827-zip-file-compressed-folders.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

OldGrantonian;1067062 Wrote:
I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

In Windows Explorer, the *contents* of ZIP files are displayed. For
various reasons, I find this distracting. I preferred the way that XP
(and earlier) displayed the file name only.

Is there any way that I can switch off this feature?

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=87AD1AFC-4723-4479-A555-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Windows Explorer crashes when I click any of the avi file
    ... to work and that is turning off the thumbnails by going to a command prompt ... >> My Windows Explorer crashes when I click any of the avi file. ... >> to what you are reporting. ... >> posting that confirmed this for the Windows Explorer problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: desktop, taskbar and start button missing.
    ... This is in the same vane as Patti's. ... Windows Explorer. ... To eliminate the fault, Explorer ... If turning off the .exe file via the Task Manager ...
  • Re: WMP 11 library view grouping
    ... band name, alphabetical letter, etc. like in windows explorer "View","Arrange icons by", "Show in groups" ... Is there any way of turning this view off so I can have one big list like in WMP 10 as my scroll finger is getting tired wheeling down all those pages ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: XP CD Burning
    ... > it turned off the WindowsXP CD writing function. ... > how do I go about turning it back on? ... In Windows Explorer, right-click on the CD drive letter. ... For most XP answers and tweaks... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Thumbnail view in Windows Explorer
    ... There are thumbnail view in the Windows Explorer in XP, ... *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...