Explorer.exe does not see cd/dvd files on cold reboot

After a cold reboot (using vista home premium), explorer does not see my
cd/dvd files. It brings up "burn a disc" dialogue and asks whether I
want to format the disc. Other software like Windows Media Player reads
the content. Restarting explorer.exe using Process Explorer fixes the
problem. Is there a registry fix, or an explorer repair I can do?

--
jonmil

  • Re: Partiall install
    ... It appears in Explorer, and anywhere with a file open dialog. ... If I left click on it in Explorer I get an error message telling me that an ... I have 2 discs in my system and dual boot into a Linux installation, ... Linux doesn't see the disc to which I am ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: CD with mp3
    ... Explorer view for the disc. ... So Explorer, as I suggested, is the better overall view. ... what player version he has, and so I went with the simple answer rather than ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: xp honeymoon over - win explorer wont explore a DVD
    ... >written with Roxio's packet writer, 'drag to disc' which is installed ... >appears which tells me the contents of the disc. ... >open Windows Explorer. ... >getting the Explorer window closed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: DVD-rom station
    ... You have to use special software to write data to the disc. ... Explorer does not have the ability to write to DVD media - but it can read ... I don't see this tab anymore. ...
  • Sudden problem with DVD/CDROM and USB thumbdrives
    ... drives show up in My Computer and Windows Explorer as removable disks, ... If I boot/restart the computer with a disc in either drive ... Explorer but nothing happens when I click on it. ... device manager as functioning normally. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)