How to overcome rating only possible for certain file types?

My video collection consists of avi, mp4, wmv and mkv files, by default
it's not possible to give a rating to all of this file types. Does
anybody know how ratings are implemented?

--
stax76

  • How to get Vista MCE to recognize mkv files?
    ... Can someone please tell me how to get WMP11 or Vista WMC to recognize ... mkv files or any other file types? ... folders with mkv files they never get picked up in the search. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: WMP 11 edit playlist
    ... What file types are they, and are they on your computer or on a file share? ... Speaking for myself only. ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... grey ie unable to edit Title,album,star rating etc ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)