Re: File in Windows\System32

"mazorj" <mazorj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%234HbfWH8JHA.1376@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Anne" <anne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0pe_l.196613$6p1.153643@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uSvE4X57JHA.1716@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have 2 files in the windows\system32 folder. On is:

7B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-2P-1.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0
The other one is similar.
Can I delete these files? Because of the length of the files I'm only
able to see 2 column of files in the system32 folder.
It make navigation difficult.

Thanks,
James

NO These are Windows Vista validaton update files. They will not be
read
by programs such as Ad-Aware because they are encrypted for protection of
your personal information.

Thanks. How do you know that? With the HD littered with dozens and
dozens of these cryptic filenames, is there a way to determine what they
are for, which are essential and which can be safely deleted?

I was wondering the same thing some time ago, so I looked it up.

Unless you have a vi rus, all the files in the system32 folder are vital.

You're wasting your time if you're you're trying to obtain harddrive space
by eliminating a file here and there and, believe me, you're just asking for
trouble.

If it ain.t broke, don't fix it.

  • Re: File in WindowsSystem32
    ... your personal information. ... dozens of these cryptic filenames, is there a way to determine what they ... all the files in the system32 folder are vital. ...
  • Re: File in WindowsSystem32
    ... your personal information. ... dozens of these cryptic filenames, is there a way to determine what ...
  • Re: File in WindowsSystem32
    ... "mazorj" wrote in message ... by programs such as Ad-Aware because they are encrypted for protection of ... your personal information. ... With the HD littered with dozens and dozens of these cryptic filenames, is there a way to determine what they are for, which are essential and which can be safely deleted? ...
  • Re: Looking for a decent usenet boating/fishing venue?
    ... that personal information to stalk, intimidate, and blackmale literally ... dozens of posters here and in other groups... ... Hey, if he tries to extort anyone sucked into it, call the FBI, it is called extortion. ...
    (rec.boats)