Re: Can't delete Font NOT Windows Fonts

Thanks for the feedback. I must say-that never occurred to me.

Tom Ferguson

"JennB213" <JennB213.3tn5zb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:JennB213.3tn5zb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*-Thank YOU Tom, LVTravel and Tae Song for trying to
help me through this frustrating problem.

After trying everything everybody recommended, I
actually figured out my problem today myself.

I realized when I was trying to delete the font
it was displaying in the right side preview window ..

NEWS FLASH, that in itself is a reason Windows
won't delete something because that means some
program on your computer, in this particular case,
it was the Windows Font Viewer, was using the font.

Instead of getting a message that said some other program
is using this file, all I was getting was "Access Denied" ..
I now understand

SOLUTION::::

I went up to the Menu Bar >> Organize >> Layout
and closed the PREVIEW Pane (no longer showing
a highlight behind the icon) ..

Tried to delete the font and BAM, to the Recycle
Bin it went, can't tell you how happy that made me.
Sometimes things are so simple and right there in
your face.

I had always checked all four items under Layout ...
the Menu, the Details Pane, the Preview Pane and
the Navigation Pane.

Looks like that definitely makes a difference
when trying to delete fonts, maybe anything, as
this was really the only thing I had tried to delete.

Thank YOU to All ~!!

Jenn-*

--
JennB213
JennB213's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/104586.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Cant delete Font NOT Windows Fonts
    ... help me through this frustrating problem. ... that in itself is a reason Windows ... it was the Windows Font Viewer, ... and closed the PREVIEW Pane (no longer showing ...
  • Font in Preview Pane
    ... Is there a way to bolden the font used in the preview pane? ... Using IE6 and Windows 2000. ...
  • Re: Stumped, baffled, and perplexed.......
    ... programmer stunt that gives MS Windows a bad name. ... Yahoo Widgets lists 326 clock apps. ... TrueType, OpenType, PostScript, etc. font on the system. ... Surely the slow running network to which you refer is your personal ...
    (rec.video.production)
  • Re: Font for a menu?
    ... It wouldn't be so bad if the Windows key were somewhere else on the keyboard, ... That's the one - the main problem is that Microsoft don't distribute a font ... I think the Unicode set has been ... flags exist in the set - but only flags for upward stems. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Change icon and font size on the All Programs menu?
    ... General tab | Select Large icons or Small icons | Click OK | Click ... Start Menu Font. ... If you select a windows and buttons setting other than Windows Classic, ... of Display Properties, *NOT* Windows Classic theme on the Themes tab ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)