Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts

OK.

Go here-
http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13157

and see instructions on how to take ownership of the files. After that, you should be able to delete them.

Let us know.

Tom Ferguson

"JennB213" <JennB213@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:CAC3FE5D-B36D-426F-9E47-D1DF8C205F05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tom,

First, THANK YOU so much for trying to help me.

I will answer your questions below each question.

Jenn

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

1. Please let me know the complete name of the font files that you want to
delete.

Answer: Rockfont.ttf and Montague.otf
Right now there are only 2 individual fonts and a couple of zip files.
As I said before these are only fonts that I want to use at a later date and
DO NOT want them permanently installed into the Windows system.

2. Let me know the names of a few other fonts in the folder.

Answer: The two named above ..
No other Individual fonts there, a couple of zip files.

3. Create a folder off the root of one of your hard drives called anything
at ell _except_ do not start the name with font. E.g. c:\sillytest
would be OK. See if you can copy the fonts to that directory. Let us know
any messages.

Answer: Created a NEW folder called "PSP Things" .. on the Storage D:\ drive
did not want to put the folder on my System C:\ drive.

Yes, It allowed me to Select All> Cut >> and Paste >> into the NEW
Folder called "PSP Things" WITHOUT an error message.

4. Right mouse click on the folder name. Check Properties Check General
See if there is a Security section at the bottom of the window - I am not
concerned here with a possible Security tab at the top of the window. Let me
know.

Answer: Right Clicked on the NEW Folder called "PSP Things" folder was
Read Only, removed that.

Tried deleting both of the named Fonts .. Still NO luck.

Right Clicked on the Rockfont.ttf ... the font properties DID have a
Security warning that read:: This font came from another computer and might
be blocked to protect this computer.

Clicked the UnBlock button, still won't delete
Asks if I want to sent to Recycle Bin, tell it YES
Tells me I need permission >> Retry >> Click Retry >> give same message over
and over again.

I have UAC disengaged right now

Right Clicked on the Montague.otf ... the font properties DID NOT have a
Security Warning on that it.. however, still won't delete either.
Same as above, asks about Recycle Bin then goes to the Need permission.

Checked the Advanced Attributes on both font properties:: Both are the same
Check beside >> File is ready for archiving
Check beside >> Index this file for faster searching
No Check beside >> Compress or Encrypt

Does Vista restrict deleting .otf or .ttf file extensions ??

I can't imagine having to open the properties of every single font you want
to delete, but then again, NO CHANGES that I have made are letting me delete
either font anyway.

I appreciate any feedback on this you can help me with and apologize for the
delay in trying these procedures. Wanted peace and quiet to work with your
instructions.

Thank YOU so much.

.