Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts

"JennB213" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:beafb9fc380632703e5006b60685f938@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

::*More information from Microsoft '=HERE='
(http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management&tid=619d72b5-1cf3-4e41-abd8-595852049511&cat=en_US_3E74AA3D-AD1D-31FC-A245-6F50BD6DFF56&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1)
but the bottom line is NO ANSWER as of yet.

Can anybody here delete a font file from their Vista system????

I'm now trying to figure out if it's just this HP Laptop or if this is
a problem with Vista EVERYWHERE. I have read of other strange problems
with Hewlett Packard Laptops.

Appreciate ANY feedback at this point .. :cry:

Thank You,
Jenn*::

JennB213;1054451 Wrote:
Hello,

I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.

On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
*THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
storage drive.

::Here is an example of what is going on :::::

I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
Get the following Windows Message:

*Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
CONTINUE

Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE

Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE

Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
*
I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
is where I want the stupid things to go ..:rolleyes:

If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
nuts.

Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??

Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.

Jenn

--
JennB213

Right-click on the file you want to delete -> Properties

Security tab

Hit Advanced button

Owner tab

Hit Edit button

Hit Other users or groups button

Type in your login name

Hit Check Names button
(it should have your machine name and user name ex: User-PC\User and underlined if you typed in a valid login ID name)

Click OK button

It might say you have taken ownership of this file, etc

Click OK button and close rest of the dialog boxes.

And try to delete the file.

.