Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts

Tom,

First, THANK YOU so much for trying to help me.

I will answer your questions below each question.

Jenn

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

1. Please let me know the complete name of the font files that you want to
delete.

Answer: Rockfont.ttf and Montague.otf
Right now there are only 2 individual fonts and a couple of zip files.
As I said before these are only fonts that I want to use at a later date and
DO NOT want them permanently installed into the Windows system.

2. Let me know the names of a few other fonts in the folder.

Answer: The two named above ..
No other Individual fonts there, a couple of zip files.

3. Create a folder off the root of one of your hard drives called anything
at ell _except_ do not start the name with font. E.g. c:\sillytest
would be OK. See if you can copy the fonts to that directory. Let us know
any messages.

Answer: Created a NEW folder called "PSP Things" .. on the Storage D:\ drive
did not want to put the folder on my System C:\ drive.

Yes, It allowed me to Select All> Cut >> and Paste >> into the NEW
Folder called "PSP Things" WITHOUT an error message.

4. Right mouse click on the folder name. Check Properties Check General
See if there is a Security section at the bottom of the window - I am not
concerned here with a possible Security tab at the top of the window. Let me
know.

Answer: Right Clicked on the NEW Folder called "PSP Things" folder was
Read Only, removed that.

Tried deleting both of the named Fonts .. Still NO luck.

Right Clicked on the Rockfont.ttf ... the font properties DID have a
Security warning that read:: This font came from another computer and might
be blocked to protect this computer.

Clicked the UnBlock button, still won't delete
Asks if I want to sent to Recycle Bin, tell it YES
Tells me I need permission >> Retry >> Click Retry >> give same message over
and over again.

I have UAC disengaged right now

Right Clicked on the Montague.otf ... the font properties DID NOT have a
Security Warning on that it.. however, still won't delete either.
Same as above, asks about Recycle Bin then goes to the Need permission.

Checked the Advanced Attributes on both font properties:: Both are the same
Check beside >> File is ready for archiving
Check beside >> Index this file for faster searching
No Check beside >> Compress or Encrypt

Does Vista restrict deleting .otf or .ttf file extensions ??

I can't imagine having to open the properties of every single font you want
to delete, but then again, NO CHANGES that I have made are letting me delete
either font anyway.

I appreciate any feedback on this you can help me with and apologize for the
delay in trying these procedures. Wanted peace and quiet to work with your
instructions.

Thank YOU so much.

Jenn

Tom Ferguson

"JennB213" <JennB213@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
THANK YOU so very much Tom for responding.

Okay, it let me rename the folder, it was titled Fonts and I re-named it
PSP
Goodies.

I went into the folder however it still won't let me delete a single font
there.

I don't want to delete the whole folder, it has some fonts I want to use
in
my Paint Shop Pro program that is when I get brave enough to try and
install
it.

I am totally frustrated with Windows Vista, I would have never thought
about
a font that is not even on the system drive not being able to be deleted.

Is it because it has a font file extension?? Does Vista not allow
deletion
of font extensions??

Thank YOU so very much for any help given.

Jenn

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

If you try to change the name of the folder on the second hard drive, the
one upon which you have saved the font files, will the system make the
name change? If not, what is the error message, if any?

Tom Ferguson

"JennB213" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hello,

I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.

On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
*THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
storage drive.

::Here is an example of what is going on :::::

I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
Get the following Windows Message:

*Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
CONTINUE

Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE

Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE

Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
*
I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
is where I want the stupid things to go ..:rolleyes:

If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
nuts.

Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??

Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.

Jenn

--
JennB213

  • Re: Need Explanation of OE6 Behavior
    ... depending on the page you may inherit a font specification. ... Internet connection when you view the mail, you won't see the images (unless you have ... There is no resend option in the Windows version of OE. ... then copy/paste the text from the message in the Sent Items folder. ...
  • Re: Dingbat font suggestions
    ... I am particularly interested in the icons used by Windows ... Explorer to indicate whether a folder has subfolders and whether they ... It's a font that you already have ... ... As I said, it's a HIDDEN file. ...
    (comp.fonts)
  • Re: Word 2007 Crashes Intermittently
    ... type into the blank document and check what font and font size it is using? ... Once I copied the file into the folder the date and time ... PS Users without Word 2007 may download the FREE Office 2007 compatibility ... Just ran the Diagnostics option from word and nothing came up bad. ...
  • Re: Word 2007 Crashes Intermittently
    ... clean out your system after all the problems. ... in the Templates folder with a time stamp of just about when I hit ... Use the Font Dialog, select Arial 11pt and press the DEFAULT... ...
  • Re: Word 2007 Crashes Intermittently
    ... Open Word, go to Word Options | Advanced tab and scroll down to the SAVE section and make sure that 'Prompt before saving Normal Template' is checked. ... Use the Font Dialog, select Arial 11pt and press the DEFAULT... ... Do you get the prompt to save Normal template when Word closes? ... Once I copied the file into the folder the date and time ...