Blank Icon Shown for HTML Files

Running Vista 64 Ultimate. After installing Office 2007, all of my *.htm, *.html and *.mht files are now shown in Explorer as the blank white icon. I confirmed that the Default Icon settings under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT match those of another Vista machine, yet something is preventing Explore from displaying the appropriate icons for the aforementioned file types.

I could just force the file types to reference the correct icons within the Internet Explorer executable, but I would rather get to the cause of the situation, and leave the registry settings at there default value of "%1", just like my other Vista machine.

Any clues on how to remedy this behavior?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Large App icon?
    ... The other gotcha was that Vista appears to ignore 128x128 icons and instead ... use the 256x256 icon scaled down 50%. ... Microsoft Managed Newsgroup Support Team ...
  • Re: Problem or Bug?
    ... machine but reconfirmed still same issue as reported on friends machine. ... > I then used "Send to" option to put two new icon on desktop. ... desktop shortcuts. ... machine and Vista Ultimate SP2 with Office 2003 Pro SP3 on the other ...
  • Re: Vista Home Premium damaged by Office 97
    ... Outlook was never available, unless you bought Office, lol. ... There is no "Mail & Fax" icon in Vista Home Premium's Control Panel. ... Windows Vista installation disk. ...
  • Re: A Vista benefit!
    ... an impeding harddrive failure and write a note in the Event Log, but Vista ... So, in layman's terms, if you click on an icon, you can now change the ... I almost implemented this feature in the control I am currently ... Now I only need to get tooltips working and popup menus, ...
  • Re: CD/DVD drive shows wrong icon when I place a disc in the drive
    ... and placed my Windows Vista and Windows XP installation discs into my DVD ... the DVD icon was replaced by the XP SETUP icon; ... In Vista, when I put either disc in the DVD drive, I get the XP SETUP icon, ...