Blank Icon Shown for HTML Files

Running Vista 64 Ultimate. After installing Office 2007, all of my *.htm, *.html and *.mht files are now shown in Explorer as the blank white icon. I confirmed that the Default Icon settings under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT match those of another Vista machine, yet something is preventing Explore from displaying the appropriate icons for the aforementioned file types.

I could just force the file types to reference the correct icons within the Internet Explorer executable, but I would rather get to the cause of the situation, and leave the registry settings at there default value of "%1", just like my other Vista machine.

Any clues on how to remedy this behavior?

Thanks!
Bryan

  • Re: Large App icon?
    ... The other gotcha was that Vista appears to ignore 128x128 icons and instead ... use the 256x256 icon scaled down 50%. ... Microsoft Managed Newsgroup Support Team ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Problem or Bug?
    ... machine but reconfirmed still same issue as reported on friends machine. ... > I then used "Send to" option to put two new icon on desktop. ... desktop shortcuts. ... machine and Vista Ultimate SP2 with Office 2003 Pro SP3 on the other ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Vista Home Premium damaged by Office 97
    ... Outlook was never available, unless you bought Office, lol. ... There is no "Mail & Fax" icon in Vista Home Premium's Control Panel. ... Windows Vista installation disk. ...
  • Re: A Vista benefit!
    ... an impeding harddrive failure and write a note in the Event Log, but Vista ... So, in layman's terms, if you click on an icon, you can now change the ... I almost implemented this feature in the control I am currently ... Now I only need to get tooltips working and popup menus, ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)
  • Re: CD/DVD drive shows wrong icon when I place a disc in the drive
    ... and placed my Windows Vista and Windows XP installation discs into my DVD ... the DVD icon was replaced by the XP SETUP icon; ... In Vista, when I put either disc in the DVD drive, I get the XP SETUP icon, ...