Re: DiskJunction util

Why don't you ask a specific question about links? Forget about this program for a while.

Expecting someone to go to another web site to read an article, and then buy (PC Mag sells all their utilities) the utility so they can learn it capabilities just to answer your generic question is a bit of a stretch - don't you think?

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"mazorj" <mazorj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uYDgUSm4JHA.1424@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PC Magazine has come out with an interesting utility that taps in Vista's "symbolic links" (whatever they are).

This is all new to me, and one knowledgeable commenter at the site is having some significant problems that the author has offered to investigate. But assuming that DiskJunction works or can be made to work as advertised, can anyone comment on symbolic link capabilities, what they might do for users that link files can't, and caveats for those who are entering new territory? (Note that while it displays Vista's symlinks, it won't let you delete them, just the ones that it creates.)

Links to technical articles are welcome, but so are well-formed summary comments and personal insights done in plain English by our resident experts.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: java L&F with some new UI component
    ... One has to start digging through the web site, ... I am just expecting it to look different. ... Google Code project hosting is for open source projects. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Stupid banks practice of asking for personal details
    ... In message, Postman Pat wrote ... I was half expecting the call but the L&G representative started asking for ALL my account and personal details. ... I was given a phone number and extension to call but when I said I would fist check it a valid number on their web site I was told that it wasn't listed there, or on any documentation that I have! ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: watch "Discovery Home & Health" on the web anywhere ?
    ... Martin wrote: ... Were you expecting to be able to get copyrighted subscription only ... content for free from some web site? ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: watch "Discovery Home & Health" on the web anywhere ?
    ... J G Miller wrote: ... Were you expecting to be able to get copyrighted subscription only ... content for free from some web site? ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)