Re: Can't delete Font ... NOT Windows Fonts

If you try to change the name of the folder on the second hard drive, the one upon which you have saved the font files, will the system make the name change? If not, what is the error message, if any?

Tom Ferguson

"JennB213" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:12c57e1c591c684e4cc6cfbf38914222@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I have two separate hard drives in my HP Laptop, running Vista Home
Premium, 32 Bit. I also show the partition for my Vista re-install.

On the second Hard Drive I use it strictly for miscellaneous storage
items. Today while going through some fonts I had saved from a group I
discovered Vista WILL NOT let me delete those fonts I don't want ..
*THESE ARE NOT INSTALLED Fonts*, only in a Font Folder on the extra
storage drive.

::Here is an example of what is going on :::::

I SELECT THE FONT I WANT TO DELETE > HIT DELETE
Get the following Windows Message:

*Are you sure you want to send this to the Recycle Bin > I click
CONTINUE

Windows needs to Confirm this > I click CONTINUE

Windows need your permission to continue > I click CONTINUE

Then I get Destination Folder Access Denied > Try Again
*
I don't understand because the destination is the Recycle Bin and that
is where I want the stupid things to go ..:rolleyes:

If anybody can help me I would be so appreciative, this is driving me
nuts.

Am I going to have to stop UAC again in order to delete these??

Thank YOU in advance for even reading my post.

Jenn

--
JennB213

  • Re: Need Explanation of OE6 Behavior
    ... depending on the page you may inherit a font specification. ... Internet connection when you view the mail, you won't see the images (unless you have ... There is no resend option in the Windows version of OE. ... then copy/paste the text from the message in the Sent Items folder. ...
  • Re: Dingbat font suggestions
    ... I am particularly interested in the icons used by Windows ... Explorer to indicate whether a folder has subfolders and whether they ... It's a font that you already have ... ... As I said, it's a HIDDEN file. ...
    (comp.fonts)
  • Re: How do I run Office 97 using windows XP
    ... Open Windows Explorer. ... Click on Tools, then folder options, then view ... otherwise the SP install will tell you that you have to close Office before ... Click File then Install New Font in the dropdown. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: 16 bit programs
    ... Cannot install 16 bit programs ... my favorite programs (The Font Thing), ... Can't run 16-bit Windows Program ... It is not a native Windows folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Readability :-((
    ... folder in *My Documents* and then I made a shortcut to it on my desktop. ... I have the font for my folders set to 14Bold. ... Ain't Windows wonderful! ... > zulu wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)