Re: finding path to an .exe file

INFO: How Windows Installer Shortcuts Work:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243630

Determine the target path of Windows Installer Shortcuts:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/determine-the-target-path-of-windows-installer-shortcuts/
(This tool does not work in Vista 64-bit)

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Leo Kline" <leoka3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am tryigng to learn Vista-64 bit. I have a shortcut on my desktop for
Excel. I want to find the .exe file for excel. RIght clicking on the
shortcut and looking at either Properties/general (which tells me where
the "SHORTCUT "is located or Properties /shortcut gives me the line
"Target" but just shows the name of the file and not its location. In XP
The line "target" would show the path. How do I find the path?

  • Re: Most often used programs list
    ... which don't show the target .exe file ... INFO: How Windows Installer Shortcuts Work: ... Another way to determine the executable file name of a Windows Installer ... For the latter as target stays simple "Adobe Reader 7.0.8". ...
  • Re: finding path to an .exe file
    ... Determine the target path of Windows Installer Shortcuts: ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP ... RIght clicking on the shortcut and looking at either Properties/general (which tells me where the "SHORTCUT "is located or Properties /shortcut gives me the line "Target" but just shows the name of the file and not its location. ...