Re: Icons change to white

bob b;3557 Wrote:
Actually I just noticed that the shortcuts I add don't work at all. So I
guess the question is "how do I add items to the top of the start
menu?"

"bob b" <removebbrazie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have noticed that several short cuts I have added to the top of my
"start" menu have turned into just plain old white letter icons and
have
lost their distinctive icons.

Is there a reason for this and can I get the icons back?

Thanks in advance. Bob

I've experienced the same problems twice within last three months since
installing the Vista Ultimate version. I reckon the Vista I installed is
corrupt.

The icons may have changed to the non-functional 'white/blank icons'
however the *PROGRAMS/APPLICATIONS ARE STILL FUNCTIONAL*. So you needn't
unnecessarily attempt to reinstall the affected 'icons/shortcuts'.

Apparently searches indicate the 'icon cache' is corrupted. I suggest
the second best solution to a quick fix is to manually create new
shortcuts/links by copying from the original source file the shortcut
points to.

If you want to replace the shortcuts/links under the 'Start-All
Programs' you can access the icons by right clicking the 'Start button'
and selecting 'open/explore all users'. From there simply make shortcuts
from the original programs from C:\Program Files.

Hope that helps to an extent.

Regards, Mo (Azure) :)

--
Azure