Re: External drive suddenly read-only

thanks for that info, *'*dinesh*'
(http://www.vistax64.com/members/dinesh.html) *i went through it, but
when it finally came to apply, i got the same media is write-protected
error.

There seem to be small differences in the layout of button etc in the
properties box on my version of vista (64bit home premiumSP1) ie, 1)
when i have finished doing the CheckNames, the choice is only 'OK' and
not "Apply'. 2) when i have clicked 'OK' in the checknames panel, i am
brought back to a panel in which i find a check box labelled "Full
Control" (rather than Full Acess, and at the top of the checkbox list,
rather than the bottom). In any case, i check the "full control" check
box and click "Apply" at which point the "Error Applying Security"
message, which informs me the media is write protected.

Yikes, but this Vista is a very unruly OS...

thanks for everyones suggestions so far, and thanks for any future
hints / tips, and dare i say, solutions...

*
*

--
woodentopz

  • Re: Vista Media Center will not allow me to set up TV tuner
    ... but it is probably the same in Vista. ... You need to have the IR receiver/Blaster devices plugged in so Media Center ... can control your Set Top Box whether that STB is for a satellite ... tuner card is directly controlling the channels. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Why Americans Will Believe Almost Anything
    ... >> implanted in the public consciousness by a thousand media clips per day. ... >> little background on the handling of information in this country. ... >> system of media control arose historically, the reader might be more apt ... > emerging science of mass persuasion. ...
    (soc.men)
  • Re: Group Policy.
    ... You are replying to an old thread about connecting a 360 and a Vista MC computer, but you changed the subject to "Group Policy". ... I changed: System Cryptography: Use FIPS Compliant Algorithms for Encryption, Hashing and Signing back to Disabled, tested Xbox' MCE and I could get in with no problems. ... I have also tried WMP11 media sharing and it works fine for video and music. ... Hi Todd,Yes it is a full 100MB connection, the NIC in the PC is a Integrated ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Hitlary Abandons Black Voters in SC in Favor of White People in Whiter States
    ... Disney and the Jews: ... We've spoken about the Jewish control of the news and entertainment ... understand who controls our mass media and how they use their control ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Hitlary, a Vicious Hateful Bitch, Savagely Attacks Young Buckwheat