Re: External drive suddenly read-only

go to Windows Explorer and right click the drive and go to properties.
Click on ADVANCED and you will see the current owner highlighted. Click
on EDIT and then click on your username in the permissions list then
APPLY. then you are the new owner. Then you can change what you like.

Regards

Jeff

PS: Dont forget to untick the read only box after you re-open
properties and APPLY and answer YES to all folders and files

--
JMoreton

  • Re: Boot.ini
    ... I already enabled view hidden files and folders. ... > to dual boot so whenever my PC boots up there's a menu to choose ... I want to edit my boot.ini file so it won't ... You need to set Windows Explorer to display such files. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Windows Explorer NoNetCrawling
    ... Mark: thanks for your information. ... Automatically search for network folders and printers ... Terminal Servers (Windows Explorer no longer uses excess CPU time) when they ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Baffling Compacting Problem
    ... local folders created for this purpose, keeping these two default folders as ... I went into Windows Explorer to check the size of the Folders file ... compact in the background is disabled. ... I do have a habit of keeping way too many emails in the ...
  • Re: disk clean up.
    ... Your telling someone who doesn't know how disc cleaner works to edit the ... > I)- Windows Explorer Parameters ... > c) Modify those folders options: ... > II)- Use chkdsk to check the integrity of your hard disk: ...
  • Re: temporary Internet Files that will not delete
    ... One way in which I have been successful in deleting files ... >I go into the Internet Options or when I use Windows ... >of these annoying things like when I use Windows Explorer ... >the Fonts folder and other folders. ...