Re: Album art & folder pictures...

Thanks Richard. Any idea (1) why I can't get it to use a picture that I select from the properties box or (2) where the album art is stored?

===================================

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OJzXxawWJHA.4168@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You must have the correct album art on your computer for it to be displayed. Your computer gets it from the internet as you add music to your library - unless you turn it off as I do. If the correct art is not available from the default web site a generic piece of art will be downloaded to your computer.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"Howard Woodard" <woodard@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3EAC2A09-6B27-473A-B3CA-1F09D438865B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have lots of music folders. Most have the correct album art -- though I don't know where it comes from or how it gets displayed -- but some have pictures that have nothing to do with what's in the folder. I have displayed hidden files and there aren't any hidden graphic files in these folders. Also, I have used the properties dialog to change the folder picture file and even though it appears to work properly, the folder picture
does not change.

I've looked around but haven't found anything that explains any of this or gives me some idea of how to force the folders to display the correct album art or picture of my choice.

Can anyone offer any help on this?

Thanks in advance,

Howard

  • RE: Music Folder Album Display
    ... But since you already have the album art ... your computer or on a Web page), right-click the picture, and then click Copy. ... Music folder, then in this folder are all of my albums or singles. ...
  • Re: WMP 11 Paste Art Here
    ... To add the album art of your choice manually ... If some of your albums are missing album art, you can manually add a picture ... In the folder, right-click the file, click Properties, and then ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • RE: Find Album Info zaps Album Art
    ... All tracks in a folder get this picture. ... More on album art: http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/WMP/AlbumArt.htm ... I have tried turning off features such as "Retrieve additional information ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Outlook Express wont forward
    ... I chose a picture under Documents & Settings on the hard drive. ... MS MVP - Outlook Express ... I use AVG and have had e-mail scanning turned of since day one. ... folder. ...
  • Re: Windows Explorer - Thumbnail Views
    ... If, on the right click menu, Preview is listed first and in BOLD letters, than double clicking a picture file will open Preview as the default option. ... Preview usually opens the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, unless there is some third party application that takes its place. ... Select all of the thumbnails in your problem folder, then right click and select Refresh Thumbnail. ... Thumbs.db files contains the thumbnails for a particular folder. ...