Re: Error saving html file

"R. C. White" <rc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Vista does NOT like to save files in the ROOT of any drive, especially its
system drive, usually Drive C:\.

You can't prove that by me.

I had my downloads set to go to "C:\downloads" and never had a
problem... EXCEPT when I had to do a system restore and then I lost
all the downloads that had occurred since the last system restore.

I have since returned my downloads directory to the default location.

  • Re: Outlook Express hangs on connecting
    ... Recent NIS updates have created a massive amount of problems for many users, Neil. ... Frankly, without your expertise, that exercise created such confusion that I found it necessary to use System Restore to go back to yesterday. ... Then I checked Norton Live Update and found that the security downloads ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: disc drive c is low...17mb
    ... disapeared...dont know if one of the downloads has done it... ... of the downloads i had sent popups with the info).but tried system restore ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... When you hibernate your computer, Windows saves the contents of the ...
  • Re: Elitum DyFuca n-Case
    ... | I uninstalled SP2 and the machine is running back to speed..I did the ... | downloads as previous post,,, trend and stinger...the malwares elitum DyFuCa ... Using Adaware SE, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete ... Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences, ...
  • Re: Error saving html file
    ... Vista prohibits writing files IN THE ROOT, but not in FOLDERS under the root. ... all the downloads that had occurred since the last system restore. ...
  • Re: System Restore Erractic
    ... > on the site you referred me to and System Restore seems ... >>> all configurations, booting each time. ... >>> installation process and that causes the installation ... >>> of the recent downloads, Installer 3.1 and one of the ...