Re: Forgotten PW - Safe Mode Wont Load To Command Prompt

Ok, I don't know what the "METHOD THREE" is, but for a reboot cd you just need to contact the computer company (Dell, HP, Acer, etc.) and order a reboot disk.

"Sarah C" <SarahC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C84ADC75-9A05-475D-8B7C-89CE60E34E02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Trying to assist student who forgot her Vista password. Administrator
account apparently not enabled as going into safe mode only brings up her
account.

She only cares about 2 files, her resume and her thesis so I did some
research and tried going to safe mode command prompt so that I could type in
Net user administrator /active:yes ...... however ..... command prompt never
comes.... instead I end up at her user name waiting for PW.

Finally, tried something called OphCrack which says administrator account is
empty and gave us a pw for her account but it does not work. Checked caps
lock etc.

Is there a bootable cd I can download somewhere that will get me on the
machine to get these two files for her ... or ... is she out of luck and will
I need to tell her to send drive to a data recovery company ?

Thanks for your help.
Sarah

  • Re: Unable to login to XP Home
    ... Both Administrator account and user's account do the ... >>same thing in safe mode. ... > Set the BIOS to boot CD before Hard Disk. ... > Then you can reboot and delete the wpaupdater.exe file ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: recovery/repair after admin rename
    ... Boot into Safe Mode (this error occurs when you try to logon to the built-in Administrator account on XP Home outside of Safe Mode). ... Reboot the computer and press F8 between the BIOS POST screen and XP actually starting to load. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: After Repair, XP requires password. Never had one, cant log in! H
    ... the system would not reboot. ... > pattern as did attempting a Safe Mode start. ... > able to boot and get to the user account screen. ... > system does not permit you to login interactively" or similar. ...
  • Re: cnbabe, common name, adware
    ... I tried logging in to each account while in safe mode. ... that there were only 2 accounts listed to choose from (administrator and one ... Do not reboot in between scans. ...
  • Re: problem with win2000 please help
    ... Reboot and start tapping the spacebar, ... Reboot and get online if possible to run an Online Security and Virus check. ... and d/l and install Belarc Advisor. ... Administrative account should be left to get you out of trouble. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)